Fanny Bay, BC/Denman Island, BC
Client: BC Ferry Services Inc.
Project Schedule: June 2014 – February 2015
In June 2014 Ruskin Construction started work on the Buckley Bay/Denman West Cable Ferry Terminal Upgrade. The project, which is a key link between Vancouver Island and Denman Island, included expansions to the berths and terminals on the both Buckley Bay and Denman sides in preparation for the installation of the longest cable ferry in the world, and the only cable ferry in the BC Ferries fleet.
Ruskin’s scope of work included:
- Foreshore expansion, including: lock block walls with geo-grid tiebacks, granular fills, rip rap protection and environmental compensation.
- Installation of reinforced concrete, including: ramp abutments with pile foundations and soil anchor tiebacks and cable pulling pits with soil anchor tiebacks.
- Concrete curbs and sidewalks, asphalt paving and line painting.
- Supply and Installation of structural steel including vehicle ramps, steel pipe pile mooring dolphins, pedestrian walkways, and marine fenders.
- Upgrade of electrical and hydraulic systems infrastructure.
- Demolition and reinstatement of part of the existing trestle on the Denman side.